The University of Cape Coast invites applications from experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the position of Dean for the Faculty of Law which will become vacant on 1st August, 2019.
The Dean is the Academic and Administrative Head of the Faculty and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Provost for providing leadership to the Faculty and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the Faculty in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the University of Cape Coast Law, 1992 (PNDCL 278), the Statutes and/or as may be determined from time to time by the University Council, the Academic Board, the College Board and the Faculty Board.
Qualification and Experience
- Applicants must be of a Professorial rank or a Senior Lecturer status.
- Must be a Lawyer in good standing with a national/international Law association.
Applicants must also show evidence of the following qualities:
- demonstrated capacity to manage a Faculty and to foster and promote good internal and external relations
- proven ability to provide strong visionary leadership and innovation and to project a Faculty locally and internationally through research, graduate output and extension
- proven ability to raise funds to support the activities of a Faculty
Tenure of Office
The Dean shall hold office for a period of three years and shall be eligible, upon completion, for reappointment for second consecutive term only. Applicants should be able to complete the first term of three years before reaching the retirement age of sixty (60) years. Where a Dean is not of Professorial status, he or she shall hold office for two years and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
Conditions of Service
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit their applications and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents and a Three-Page Vision Statement to:
University of Cape Coast
- Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address
- The closing date for the receipt of applications is 28th June, 2019
Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast. The forms could also be downloaded here Senior Members Application Form - Teaching