The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals for the position of Senior/Principal Security Personnel.
Qualified applicant will be directly responsible to the Head of Security through the Directorate of Consular and General Services (DC&GS) but ultimately to the Vice Chancellor.
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
i. possess a first degree or Diploma in Peace and Security or relevant qualification
ii. be in the rank of Chief Inspector preferably (operations) in the Ghana Police Service, a Sergeant – WO I in the Ghana Army preferably (infantry)/ WO I in the Airforce or a Chief Investigator in the BNI
iii. have a minimum of Three years relevant experience on the current rank
iv. be able to demonstrate adequate working knowledge of the University system
Applicant should not be more than Fifty (50) years old
The Senior/Principal Security Officer will be responsible to the Head of Security in performing the following duties:
Duties/Responsibilities include the following:
· Ensure students and staff safety on campus
· Protect the lives and properties/Assets of the University by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel to prevent theft or other illegal activities on Campus
· Prevent encroachment and protect University lands
· Coordinate cross team functional in maintaining vigilance and security
· Develop policies and protocols for securing and protecting sensitive information
· Prevent hawking on University campus
· Stay in constant touch with other security agencies to make sure the premises are secured at all times
· Keep the security situation under constant review with the view to providing maximum security to the University installation and property
· Utilize information technology to protect electronic information resources
· Initiate measures to protect highly sensitive database
Mode of Application
Suitable or qualified applicant should apply to the Registrar through the Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast.
All completed application letters together with relevant supporting documents and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Registrar through the Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast not later than April, 30, 2021.